Monday, November 10, 2008

Price of Gasoline

OK.........I'm confused!

When was it....a year ago? We were paying $4.00/Gallon here in OKC. I just filled up tonight at $1.80!!! Now if I'm not mistaken, the liquid that went into my gas tank was the SAME STUFF as I put in there a year ago. Why was it worth over twice as much as it is today?

I know, I know, it's supply and demand. I demand it and you supply it. Now that the economy supposedly stinks fewer people around the world can afford it so the price comes down. Basic economics. But what made the price go up so fast? Was THAT MUCH MORE gas really being used?

For some reason I feel that we were "PLAYED" by the "Markets". The "Market Players" weren't making enough in anything else and they had played the dollar down to the point where it wasn't worth that much and they realized that............. we buy food for our tables with dollars and I'm REALLY tired of paying so much to go to Europe so let's get the greenback up where it should be. To do that they had to put those billions someplace so they chose of all things....... OIL! So they got the dollar back up but drove the price of oil out of this world. Now they can't afford to fly to Europe because fuel is too high. PLUS to top it off their food prices skyrocketed!

Now what can they do??? Drive us into recession is the best answer. So now we have cheap fuel again and maybe food prices will come back down. The only problem for THEM is that they are now UNEMPLOYED!!!!

GO FIGURE.................

No comments: